How to Apply to the School
As a UK state boarding school, the state pays for the education, so all applicants must have a British or Irish passport or have leave to remain in the UK.
Brexit advice for EU/EEA/Swiss passport holders - Update
With Brexit having taken place on the 31st January 2020 with a deal in the Withdrawal Agreement, it is timely for the School to re-flag information to EU/EEA/Swiss passport holding parents and students. The Government advice has been updated and as we understand it, is:
- Those with passports from the Irish Republic are not affected.
- These who hold “Leave to Remain” and “Leave to Enter” residency visas are not affected and continue as normal.
- For EU/EEA/Swiss passport holding students with parents living in the UK for 5 years or more, the advice is that the student and their parents should apply for “Leave to Remain”. https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families. The deadline for such an application will be the 30th June 2021.
- EU/EEA/Swiss passport holding students and parents who have not been resident in the UK for 5 years should apply to the “EU Settlement Scheme”. https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families. The deadline for such an application will be the 30th June 2021.
- For other EU/EEA/Swiss passport holding students (educated in the UK before the 31st December 2020) with EU/EEA/Swiss passport holding parents living outside of the UK, the advice is that the student should apply to have pre-settled status, giving the School’s address as the home UK address. https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/apply-settled-status-for-child The School can supply a letter (available on request) to support such an application. The deadline for such an application will be the 30th June 2021.
- Further UK Government information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/staying-uk-eu-citizen
We would encourage parents affected by Brexit to explore the UK Government’s advice and to take appropriate action as necessary. Please contact our Registrar (Caroline.Cant@doyrms.com) if you need further guidance.
Please complete the enquiries form with your details and the School’s Registrar, Miss Caroline Cant, will be in touch. If you would like to discuss aspects of the school with the Registrar before completing the enquiries form, please call 01304 245073 (during office hours).