Next Step Programme
The aim of the Next Step programme is to make sure every student is prepared for life beyond the School and able to achieve their future education and career ambitions. In addition to comprehensive UCAS and careers advice, the programme looks to go further in supporting the students development for the ‘Next Step’. The programme ranges from preparing a simple meal to generating links with industry, and looks to enhance the students soft skills, that are so vital when seeking employment. The programme also offers support to parents, so they are in a position to help their child through this important period.
What we do:
- Detailed UCAS information and support.
- Attendance to UCAS exhibit.
- Support with University Open Days.
- Support material for parents.
- Student Finance talk.
- Guidance for what to do on results day.
- Apprenticeship lecture.
- Careers advice.
- Small tutor groups with comprehensive programme.
- Study Skills
- Links to industry through the “Dukies inspiring Dukies” day and additional presentations.
- Sixth Form dinners, preparing students for formal occasions.
- University survival cooking course, delivered by the School’s Chef.