Parents & Friends of the School
Whether you have had a child or even a grandchild at the Duke of York's Royal Military, you are welcome to become a member of our team.
Who are the Parents & Friends of the School?
All parents/guardians of pupils at the School, or others who support the ethos of the School (including grandparents and former pupils) are most welcome to get involved. The purpose of the Friends is to:
- Foster a close relationship between parents and the School.
- Bring parents together in a social atmosphere.
- Raise funds for the benefit of the students.
- Raise awareness of and promote the School as a centre of excellence.
What do we do?
Throughout the year we get involved in a number of events and fund-raising initiatives including:
- The organisation and funding of trips and rewards like the bowling trip for the new Year 7 and 8 pupils over their first exeat weekend when they are still settling into their new environment.
- Sponsorship of cultural activities e.g. The Musician of the Year Competition and the Inter-house Singing Competition.
- Financial contributions towards social events and reward schemes; Prom Evenings, Sixth Form Dinners, Academic Reward Schemes and the procurement of equipment for extracurricular activities.
- Support on Grand Day which includes running the Parents & Friends' marquee, the raffle and providing guests with refreshments at this and other events throughout the School year. The emphasis being on raising funds and using these funds to enhance the quality of life at the School for the pupils.
How can you help?
We would welcome more parents/guardians to get involved in our activities. Such involvement can range from serving on our Committee to simply offering to sell raffle tickets for an hour at a fund-raising event. Offers to help with the Grand Day activities would be particularly welcome, as would prizes for the Grand Day raffle.
If you would like to step forward to help, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, why not come along to one of our meetings? These are held periodically at the School and the dates/times are published in the School's calendar. We try to choose dates on which many parents/guardians are likely to be at the School for the start or end of exeat weekends. It is appreciated that some parents/guardians may have difficulty in committing on a regular basis, however, it is hoped that all will give serious thought to supporting our efforts through membership of our Number Club Lottery (see below).
What is the Number Club Lottery?
Our main source of income is our Lottery, and we ask you to consider making a monthly standing order for lottery tickets. £1 buys one lottery ticket with a chance of winning the monthly prize of £100!
The remaining income generated is retained and all goes back towards our student fund. Numbers can only be bought by standing order (which can obviously be cancelled at any time).
If you would like to join, please complete the application form below and post it to our Treasurer, Samantha Bryant, at DOYRMS.